Clinton Hill VILLAGE? | Main | My Nephew
February 9, 2005
How to Fold a Fitted Sheet, Callalillie Style
Years ago, I somehow obtained a nifty Martha Stewart diagram on how to fold a fitted sheet. I went to use it the other day and discovered that it had long since disappeared, so I decided to create my own photo diagram based on internet directions.
Yeah. It didn't work out the way I had planned.
- Put your sheet inside out and put your hands into two of the short-end corners.
- Fold one corner (let�s say your right hand) that you are holding into the other corner (your left hand). Then grab the hanging corner and fold it over the two corners (that you are holding in your left hand). Grab the last hanging corner and fold it over the other three.
- Lay out your origami sheet on a flat surface and smooth it down.
- Throw your cats off of the bed.
- Fold the two elastic edges until they are hidden.
- Fold into a neat little rectangle.
- Throw your cat off of the bed.
- Fold the rectangle into a smaller rectangle.
- Go find a lint roller and return to find both cats sitting on the rectangle.
Posted by callalillie at February 9, 2005 3:11 AM | Feline Musings , Fun Stuff
haha. nice. i usually just fold it like a normal sheet, which is unsuccessful, at best, and essentially results in a big ball of sheet.
Posted by: tien at February 9, 2005 7:44 AM
yeah, usually mine wind up that way, too, unless i am in dire need for sheets, in which case the fitted sheet goes straight from the laundry to the bed.
Posted by: corie at February 9, 2005 8:57 AM
My cat LOVES to play "sheet."
Posted by: Lesterhead at February 9, 2005 4:03 PM
Olive has an immediate attraction to anything that has come out of the dryer. She loves sheets because she can sit on top of them regally and shed. Irving, on the other hand, prefers to sit on the folded sheets. It must be better for leaving cat butt marks/stains or something. Ick.
Posted by: corie at February 9, 2005 4:23 PM
I've found a trick for folding fitted sheets without a helper or folding table.. comes in handy at the laundromat. (also, kitties have no chance of sitting on it)
What is it about cats that they want to sit on anything new?
Posted by: Dennis at February 12, 2005 6:16 PM